CORONAVIRUS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
New local support for families
The Covid-19 lockdown has been difficult for many, including staff working with young families, and across the early years sector. Birmingham partners including the NHS, Birmingham Children’s Trust, Birmingham City Council and West Midlands Police have launched a new locality model to help schools to support your vulnerable families.
We also have a new resilience fund for families. A member of staff can fill in a form and we will get help to that family SO PLEASE JUST ASK US, e.g. for urgent needs, food, utility bills, white goods. Financial help is often given within the hour.
Go to the Birmingham Children’s Partnership for all the details www.birmingham.gov.uk/Covid19CYPF.
Contact information is included in the Early Help Offer below:
- We will continue to wipe down surfaces and clean toilets frequently during the day.
- Staff and children will wash hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water as per guidance from NHS England.
- The school site will be closed to everyone but essential visitors.
- Playtimes and lunchtimes will be carefully managed to limit the number of pupils coming together at these times.
- Staff or children showing signs of the virus e.g. very high temperature, persistent cough are strictly following government advice.
- DfE GUIDANCE - What parents and carers need to know about schools and education during the coronavirus outbreak
- CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR WELL-BEING
- CONTROLLING ANXIETY ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
- TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS
- CORONAVIRUS: WHAT KIDS CAN DO
- NHS - MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINE
- EVERY MIND MATTERS - CORONAVIRUS AND MENTAL WELLBEING
- Letter to parents from Dr Tim O'Neill (Director for Education & Skills, BCC) 20.03.20
- Birmingham Educational Psychology - telephone helpline for parents and carers