CORONAVIRUS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Thank you for visiting this special page, set up to provide you with information about how we are dealing with the Coronavirus outbreak at Thornton. The school closed indefinitely on Friday 20th March at 3.30 p.m. On this page you will find useful information and links to special websites giving information on how to keep yourself safe and what to do in the event that you, or one of your family, develop symptoms of Coronavirus.
Everyone in the school community has a responsibility to listen to and follow the guidance provided so that the NHS is not overwhelmed with unnecessary contact. You should not be going to the doctor's surgery or hospital outpatients department. You should be making use of the NHS 111 helpline but only if your symptoms become unmanageable at home. Most people who contract the virus will experience either no, or very mild, symptoms and will recover in less than a week. Please ensure that you keep up to date about guidance on Social Distancing. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS ADVICE AND HELP VITAL RESOURCES TO BE TARGETED AT THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
WHAT STEPS WILL WE CONTINUE TO TAKE TO ENSURE THE SCHOOL SITE REMAINS SAFE FOR STAFF AND THE CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS?
- We will continue to wipe down surfaces and clean toilets frequently during the day.
- Staff and children will wash hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water as per guidance from NHS England.
- The school site will be closed to everyone but essential visitors.
- Playtimes and lunchtimes will be carefully managed to limit the number of pupils coming together at these times.
- Staff or children showing signs of the virus e.g. very high temperature, persistent cough are strictly following government advice.
Paper resources were provided on Friday 20th March, reading books and guidance to support access to good quality websites (via our website) were also provided so that the children can continue their learning at home.
HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR WELL-BEING AND YOUR CHILDREN'S WELL-BEING DURING THE OUTBREAK
Here are some useful websites you can visit to give you support for your well-being during the outbreak.
- CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR WELL-BEING
- CONTROLLING ANXIETY ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
- TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS
- CORONAVIRUS: WHAT KIDS CAN DO
- NHS - MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINE
- EVERY MIND MATTERS - CORONAVIRUS AND MENTAL WELLBEING