CORONAVIRUS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Barnardo’s launch new Covid-19 BAME helpline
•As you may have seen, Barnardo’s has launched a vital new support service to make a positive difference to the lives of many Black, Asian and minority ethnic children, young people and their families impacted by Covid-19.
•This is a UK-wide helpline, funded by the National Emergencies Trust which will focus on issues specifically affecting children, young people and families from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
•The new service - 0800 1512 605 - is a freephone helpline and web chat facility for children, young people and families from those communities who are experiencing the long-lasting and wide-ranging impact of Covid-19.
•It will provide on-going support on a complex range of issues including mental health, bereavement, family break-down, neglect, back to school, parenting advice, counselling, family stress, discrimination, barriers to services and more.
- a new, continuous cough
- high temperature
- a change in their sense of smell or taste
- DfE - Back to School guidance
- Guidance for parents in Bengali
- Guidance for parents in Gujerati
- Guidance for parents in Arabic
- Guidance for parents in Romany
- Guidance for parents in Panjabi
- Guidance for parents in Polish
- Guidance for parents in Somali
- Guidance for parents in Urdu
New local support for families
The Covid-19 lockdown has been difficult for many, including staff working with young families, and across the early years sector. Birmingham partners including the NHS, Birmingham Children’s Trust, Birmingham City Council and West Midlands Police have launched a new locality model to help schools to support your vulnerable families.
We also have a new resilience fund for families. A member of staff can fill in a form and we will get help to that family SO PLEASE JUST ASK US, e.g. for urgent needs, food, utility bills, white goods. Financial help is often given within the hour.
Go to the Birmingham Children’s Partnership for all the details www.birmingham.gov.uk/Covid19CYPF.
Contact information is included in the Early Help Offer below:
- CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR WELL-BEING
- TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS
- CORONAVIRUS: WHAT KIDS CAN DO
- NHS - MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINE
- EVERY MIND MATTERS - CORONAVIRUS AND MENTAL WELLBEING
- Birmingham Educational Psychology - telephone helpline for parents and carers